Saturday, May 18, 2013

There Ain't No Wallaby Way

Finding Nemo lied.
But writers often lie. What else doesn't exist?
Middle Earth.
Hogwarts.
Narnia.
Genovia.
Shirley's Bakery.

Anyway.
Someone in Sydney needs to build a road and have a house there with a bell that you ring to speak to P. Sherman.
I am sitting on the side balcony of our hostel in Sydney. It is getting colder by the minute but wifi doesn't reach our room and I have about 33 minutes left. There is a girl next to me speaking in another language over the phone and after a sentence I thought to myself....this girl is Danish. Do I speak Danish? No. But I knew. Why is that? It sounds like if German and Swedish had a common language and then tried to speak Welsh. German sounds like English until you try to eavesdrop.

Anyway. I am cold. And typing on my iPod so please forgive any stupid spelling errors.
This hostel is pretty close to sucking, if it weren't steps away from Coogee beach, I'd be more upset about it. I found a few bed bugs this morning so now I have that to deal with. Just praying they don't infest my suitcase and therefore join me back in Brisbane. I killed three, hoping there might only be a few....but that's the real height of optimism isn't it?

Emily and I are in Sydney for the next two and a half days. Today we walked by the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. Then we wandered trying to find an Indian restaurant bc Emily had a hankering and I did too once she said the word curry. Finally found a place and it was good. Expensive, but Sydney is the third most expensive city on the planet to live in. Surprise level on y part is low.

So Emily and I are really missing Melbourne now lol. Bc that hotel was the third est hostel in the country and the city had a lot to see and it was all close together ad they had free public transport options. Multiple actually. If we had gone to Melbourne earlier in say march or April, we would have moved there. The whole city is more friendly to tourists and full of foreign people coexisting with Aussies. Brisbane felt so stuck up compared to it. They don't get tourists really because um there's nothing to see really. A week in Brisbane will give you more than enough time. Melbourne would take a lot longer.
Sydney is huge, but most of what is a must see is around the Harbour Bridge. I am glad I picke a hotel off the beaten track a bit bc coogee is a great area and it would've been a shame to never have come near here. Tomorrow we are going to Darling Harbour, which is parallel to the peninsula that the opera house is on. We are going to Sydney Aquarium and then walking around the markets. Darling Harbour is part of where they filmed Our Lips Are Sealed. And we will get to see Luna Park too. Idk if we will be able to ride anything though. 

I walked along the beach tonight by myself ad collected about thirty pieces of sea glass. One piece was even a mirror so that is pretty rad. I bought a hoodie today and I wish I had it with me right now.Lol.

We will figure out something to do on Monday. Once I get back to Brisbane I'll write a way more obnoxiously detailed post about the whole trip but I hate typing long term on the iPod.
Monday we could go to the Olympic park, but it's not free to go in anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment